Reliable OEM supplier
CTEK provides battery chargers to a number of the world’s leading automobile manufacturers. At first glance, you might wonder why this is so. Their specific needs also contribute to development based on a broader spectrum of requirements and their dependence on charging, care and maintenance of car batteries.
- Cars with high performance and prestige are extremely well equipped with electronics (for performance, information to the driver and comfort) as well as alarm systems. These systems are very demanding on the car battery.
- Sports cars tend not to be driven far enough or often enough to recharge the battery sufficiently.
- Cars are manufactured to be reliable and give high performance to demanding drivers.
- Even if the development of high performance batteries has made significant advances, the batteries still need to be maintained.
- Consequently, there is a clear link between high performance cars and battery care. Moreover, advanced cars are also expensive and naturally need a battery charger that can match the car's standard and is guaranteed to be compatible with all of the systems in the car.
These automobile manufacturers have therefore searched for a suitable and reliable battery charging system that guarantees they will continue to have a well-earned, good reputation.
In 2002, shortly after the German sports car manufacturer Porsche launched its first battery charger on the market, the company showed an interest in CTEK's new battery chargers. One year later, the first OEM battery chargers were delivered to them. After an exhaustive study of alternative suppliers around the world even Mercedes appointed CTEK as its official partner.
Since then, more have followed suit. Alfa Romeo, Arctic Cat, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Corvette, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lexus, Maserati, Maybach, Rolls-Royce, Scania and Yamaha have also decided to use CTEK battery chargers with their own trademark.