CASE STUDY | CTEK & Hybrida E-Mobility secure the future of Romme Alpin
40 new charging stations to be installed at the ski resort
Romme Alpin is Sweden's largest alpine ski resort outside the mountains and is located just south of Borlänge in Dalarna. With almost 30 kilometres of piste, there is room for a lot of visitors and a need for charging stations for electric vehicles. For some time now, there have been 20 dual chargers from CTEK that can be used at the ski resort.
Romme Alpin is known for creating a great experience for guests and visitors. As the number of chargeable vehicles on our roads increases, they also saw a need to be able to offer vehicle charging to their guests. The installation of the charging stations has been handled by Hybrida E-Mobility AB in Borlänge, a company that specialises in energy technology solutions in the electricity sector in Dalarna and neighbouring counties.
”Charging infrastructure is part of our business and the cooperation with CTEK works very well. As a partner of CTEK, our electricians are trained in everything related to their products”
- Martin Götesson, CEO, Hybrida E-Mobility AB
Romme Alpin has a lot of day guests, which makes it even more important that you are offered the opportunity to charge your vehicle while you are there.
- In total, we have installed 20 dual chargers, which means that there are 40 charging points. To optimize the solution, we also have a CGC500 installed in TRAFO, explains Martin Götesson.
CGC stands for CTEK Grid Central, a device that ensures that the system at Romme Alpin can prioritise other loads in properties that must take precedence over electric car charging. These include lifts, lighting and ventilation. This load balancing is managed locally and via Ethernet communication, which means that load balancing will be fully functional even if the local network is down for any reason.
The reasons why Romme Alpin chose to work with CTEK and Hybrida E-Mobility AB are several, according to Martin Götesson.
- Among other things, it is because CTEK is known for delivering products of good quality. The company that carried out the work is a local player with a high level of expertise in the products used in the solution. The work went very well and the cooperation with UE for excavation and internal resources also went smoothly. The solution has worked flawlessly since the start of operations. The payment solutions, monitoring and capacity are delivering on promise.
CTEK is very pleased to be able to contribute to the development of charging infrastructure in the region.
- Effective use of rechargeable vehicles requires good access to charging infrastructure. This is also crucial for us to increase the number of chargeable vehicles in Swedish traffic. We are very pleased to be an important cog in this development, says Cecilia Routledge, global director energy & facilities at CTEK.
Romme Alpin is also pleased with the cooperation.
”By being able to offer more charging points, we are supporting the electrification of Sweden while at the same time becoming an attractive destination for visitors”
- Oskar Funcke, Romme Alpin
- The number of electric cars on our roads will not decrease. That's why it's also important that we at Romme Alpin keep up with the times, says Oskar Funcke at Romme Alpin.